One Card, Four Ways

Welcome to Silver Sage Studio Crafts. For my first ever post on this blog, I wanted to share how one style of card can be slightly more or less dressed up.

In general, my style generally adheres to clean and simple, so for some, my dressed up card might be someone else's simplest card. That's the beauty of what we do, right? That we all bring ourselves to this hobby.

For all three cards, I used Concord and 9th's Plaid Background, a thanks die, and a small stamped sentiment from Simon Says Stamp set Tiny Words.

Card 1: For the first card, I didn't crosshatch the black lines and I used one layer of die.
Card 2: For the slightly more dressed up card, I crosshatched the black lines, used two layers of the Thanks die cuts, and added Wink of Stella to the die.


Card 3: For the third version, I did all of the above. Plus, I added Glossy Accents to the die, used a flower die to stamp a clear embossed flower all over the edges of the black background paper, and finally added white Nuvo dots.

Card 4: For the last card, I decided to switch it up and make it a teacher card. I start making teacher cards early in the year in preparation for teacher appreciation week in May. I give cards to teachers who have earned teacher of the year for their school, colleagues I want to thank, and my kids teachers. So it made sense to start working them now.



Happy crafting, everyone. And Happy New Year!


Comments

Popular Posts